Factors to consider in manual handling
- Characteristics of the load
- Physical effort required
- Characteristics of the working environment
- Requirements of the activity
- The trainee will understand how the back works.
- How important it is to avoid wear and tear on the spine and prevent a slipped disc injury.
- Understand and be able to demonstrate the 8 principles of manual handling.
- They will be competent to complete a questionnaire, achieving at least a 70% pass rate.
- Trainees at the end of the training session will be able to lift properly
- Back pain is an affliction that affects about 80% of people in the western world.
- Advanced technology is part of our downfall.
- The body was built for movement for physical activity.
- Physical fitness through manual labour is what rewards underdeveloped people.
Manual Handling Course Schedule
- Duration 9am – 4.30pm
- Lunch Break 1.00pm – 1.30pm
- Training notes provided
- Evaluation questionnaire at the end of training
- Certificate provided on completion of course.
How to apply
Contact Work Zone Training to apply for the Manual Handling Course.